Since journalism, for the most part, is no longer being practiced in mainstream news, it is more important than ever that you hold the skills to learn the truth about what’s going on. Facts are powerful things when deciding in whom to place your trust, especially in the increasingly important upcoming fall election cycle.
We have tried, with the launch of our sister site, WatchdogCentral, to put the tools you need in your hands so you may find the answers you seek in a time efficient and effortless manner. Please use the site often and tell your friends about it as well. Truth is the only clear path to breaking the hold corruption has over our government.
As promised we are going to help you learn how to research a candidate, an office holder, an organization. With Watchdog Central, it is easy. I will give you a couple scenarios to get you used to using the site.
Let’s start with the new kid, Scott Brown.
Log on to www.watchdogcentral.org. You’ll see we have broken the info links down into categories. The categories are People, Groups, Government, Connections, Documents, and Videos. Also note we have the Dog House where we will be highlighting a ne’er-do-well every day, Who to Tell, and most importantly The Forum. More on that later.
For this first one, click on People, scroll down and click VoteSmart, enter Scott Brown for name (right side). Up will pop bios, recent news, voting record, finances, issue positions, etc.. I highly recommend RIGHT CLICKING results to open in a new window, so you can go back and forth without loosing your place. All right, but who is he connected with? Close the VoteSmart page. Click Connections there on left side of the WatchdogCentral page. Go to Muckety and type in Scott P Brown or Scott Brown. This map is pretty clean, but to investigate further (always interesting), look under the map at the list of names and place your cursor over each one. Notice the links for that name show up in a grey box? To check those out further, you merely have to click on the name you highlighted or click the box on the map with the name in it – either way. Close out Muckety. Back on Watchdog Central click Government, scroll down to CampaignMoney.com and click. On that site, click name in the right hand column, then enter Brown. Scroll results- all names are clickable. A nosey person could spend hours on this, particularly when looking at who’s giving money to the PACs involved. Mainly, just look over the names to see if there’s anything particularly interesting or a name you did not expect to find.
Ok, let’s do someone now with more, ahm, background shall we say. Click Government and scroll about halfway down to Maplight.org. Under Legislators, find Nancy Pelosi. View tabbed data. It’s evident lawyers, unions and medical interests love her, which you can plainly see under the first two tabs. Notice, once again, the groups are clickable if desired to learn more in general about them. Notice, for example, when HR800 (card check) came up for a vote in the house, she took union contributions and voted yes. Also, HR2634 (Jubilee Act) sponsored by Maxine Waters to redistribute American wealth globally was supported by Pelosi and praised with contributions from unions. The list goes on. Check out the Geography tab. Notice 87% of her campaign contributions came from OUTSIDE her district, the top five zip codes of which are DC area codes. Does that tell you just who she’s working for? Go back to WatchdogCentral.org and go down to Progressive Punch. Put in her name and you’ll see her lifetime score and liberal rank on issues. Once again, results are clickable. Lowest on her list to support is farmers (of course), and then thankfully prisoners and foreigners. Now back to WatchdogCentral and click OpenCongress, then the Representatives Tab, Pelosi. Here you find the bills she has sponsored and co-sponsored. Interestingly enough, the first bill on the list is one I never heard of from September 2009. HR3649, a private bill (meaning what, we can’t know what it’s about?) detailed only as “providing for the relief of Maria Carmen Castro Ramirez and J. Refugio Carreno Rojas.” No other information was provided other than it was sent to committee. That’s unacceptable- our government should have to tell us more about what they are doing. That item should be looked into further. Now back to WatchdogCentral, click on Connections (left side of page) and then NNDB, enter Nancy Pelosi at top, click search. This will bring up salient facts on her, including details of political family upbringing, her estimated net worth and personal information. At the bottom of the page note “create a map starting with Nancy Pelosi”. Click that. I see nothing there of note, but you can expand the map points by clicking them to learn more about each one. Using the links on our site, you can find much more information if desired, but in the interest of time and task at hand, let’s move on.
Let’s do a foundation next. Let’s choose the Tides Foundation. So on the WatchdogCentral site, choose Connections, click ActivistCash, on Activist Groups, select Tides Center. Here you will see an overview of their purpose in life. Go back to WatchdogCentral Connections page, click Undue Influence, use toggle to locate Tides Center/Tides Foundation. Here you can see a little history, how they get their money and where it goes (totals on graph), who’s on their board, the link to their website, etc. All right, now back to WatchdogCentral, and still on the Connections page, scroll up to DiscoverTheNetworks, and enter in Tides Foundation. Here you will see in detail who they are connected to, including George Soros, ACLU, ACORN, World Wildlife Fun, and on and on and on. You can also see their tax filings by going back to WatchdogCentral, to Groups and then to Guidestar.org. At the toggle bar select Non-Profit, enter Tides Foundation. This will bring you up a list, the first of which is the correct one. Click that to get to the tabbed information. (you may have to register to view some of the info, but it’s easy and free) Click on IRS forms and there you can view some of their filings. Back to site, click Government, and click Lobbying Disclosures. On left side of screen under Public Disclosure Search, click the first option, Lobbying Disclosure Filing Search. In the new window, on the first toggle bar line where it says “Search Field” toggle to “Client Name” and enter Tides in the adjacent box and hit “Search” at bottom of page. There you will find 37 entries on two pages of lobbying disclosures which are clickable for details. Interesting!
I think maybe you get the idea now of how easy it is to find out information you should definitely know, but that no one is telling you. If you have any questions please contact me by simply clicking the “contact us” button on the home page of WatchdogCentral. I will be happy to help where I can.
The most important part of the site is the forum, in my view. Here you can log on (it’s free of course) and let everyone know what you found out. That’s how we will succeed in sharing info. If you’re on twitter, put the info in the forum and then tweet it so we all know about it.
By all of us working together to do the job the media is not doing, we can illustrate, even to doubters, the ways in which our government is steering far off course, how corrupt our elected officials and candidates are or (in a very few cases) how they are not.
Going forward, please let me know by comment here or webmail from WatchdogCentral ways we can improve the site, ways we can make it easier for you to look things up, or what we can better explain about using it.
Happy Hunting.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
- The best way to understand what Sustainable Development actually is can be found by discovering what is NOT sustainable.
- According to the UN’s Biodiversity Assessment Report, items for our everyday lives that are NOT sustainable include: Ski runs, grazing of livestock, plowing of soil, building fences, industry, single family homes, paved and tarred roads, logging activities, dams and reservoirs, power line construction, and economic systems that fail to set proper value on the environment (capitalism, free markets).
- Maurice Strong, Secretary General of the UN’s Rio Earth Summit in 1992 said, “. .. Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class — involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, home and work air-conditioning, and suburban housing are not sustainable.”
- Are you starting to see the pattern behind Cap and Trade, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and all of those commercials you’re forced to watch about the righteousness of Going Green? They are all part of the enforcement if Sustainable Development.
- And one of the most destructive tools they use to force it on us is something called the “precautionary principle.” That means that any activities that might threaten human health or the environment should be stopped — even if no clear cause and effect relationship has been established — and even if the potential threat is largely theoretical.
- That makes it easy for any activist group to issue warnings by news release or questionable report and have those warnings quickly turned into public policy — just in case.
- In short, it’s all about wealth redistribution. Your wealth into a green rat hole.
- Now they have taken this and wrapped it all in a nice green blanket, scaring us with horror stories about the human destruction of the environment — and so we are now throwing our liberties on the bon fire like a good old fashioned book burning — all in the name of protecting the planet.
- Free trade, social justice, consensus, global truth, partnerships, preservation, stakeholders, land use, environmental protection, development, diversity, visioning, open space, heritage, comprehensive planning, critical thinking, and community service are all part of our new language.
- Rather than good management of resources, Sustainable Development has come to mean denied use and resources locked away from human hands. In short, it has become a code word for an entire economic and social agenda…
- The Sustainablists insist that society be transformed into feudal-like governance by making Nature the central organizing principle for our economy and society. As such, every societal decision would first be questioned as to how it might effect the environment. To achieve this, Sustainablist policy focuses on three components; land use, education, and population control and reduction...
- Sustainable Development’s Social Equity plank is based on a demand for “social justice.” …
- Under the Sustainablist system, private property is an evil that is used simply to create wealth for a few. So too, is business ownership….
- Sustainable Development’s economic policy is based on one overriding premise: that the wealth of the world was made at the expense of the poor. It dictates that, if the conditions of the poor are to be improved, wealth must first be taken from the rich. Consequently, Sustainable Development’s economic policy is based not on private enterprise but on public/private partnerships…
- Sustainable Development policy is redefining free trade to mean centralized global trade “freely” crossing (or eliminating) national borders. It definitely does not mean people and companies trading freely with each other…
- “Nature has an integral set of different values (cultural, spiritual and material) where humans are one strand in nature’s web and all living creatures are considered equal. Therefore the natural way is the right way and human activities should be molded along nature’s rhythms.” from the UN’s Biodiversity Treaty presented at the 1992 UN Earth Summit. (hello, can anyone say Cass Sunstein??…are we ‘getting it’ yet?)…
- Under Sustainable Development there can be no concern over individual rights — as we must all sacrifice for the sake of the environment. Individual human wants, needs, and desires are to be conformed to the views and dictates of social planners. The UN’s Commission on Global Governance said in its 1995 report: “Human activity… combined with unprecedented increases in human numbers… are impinging on the planet’s basic life support system. Action must be taken now to control the human activities that produce these risks”Under Sustainable Development there can be no limited government, as advocated by our Founding Fathers, because, we are told, the real or perceived environmental crisis is too great. Maurice Strong, Chairman of the 1992 UN Earth Summit said: “A shift is necessary toward lifestyles less geared to environmentally-damaging consumption patterns. The shift will require a vast strengthening of the multilateral system, including the United Nations.”…
- The politically based environmental movement provides Sustainablists camouflage as they work to transform the American systems of government, justice, and economics. It is a masterful mixture of socialism (with its top down control of the tools of the economy) and fascism (where property is owned in name only — with no control). Sustainable Development is the worst of both the left and the right. It is not liberal, nor is it conservative. It is a new kind of tyranny that, if not stopped, will surely lead us to a new Dark Ages of pain and misery yet unknown to mankind.
In walks Obama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqN4NIEtOY
While Americans clearly voted for change in the last election, I am not sure this is the change they meant. No matter, they are hoisting it up on us like a speeding bullet ! Change is almost here. All it will take is “Cap and Trade”, “Health Care Reform” and “Card Check” to pass. Please do a search on my site if you would like to know any more about these PENDING bills.
This started many years ago- and yes, it takes about 20 years for fundamental change to take place. While it started with the GATT agreement of 1947, it moved on from there. Slowly at first, but then under George Bush, Sr., then President Clinton, things started moving more quickly. NAFTA, WTO, First they made it possible for our manufacturing to move away. While we were all screaming ” Why isn’t our government securing our jobs? … Why are they making trade regulations so unfair to American workers?.. Why do corporations moving jobs overseas still get tax breaks”.. Well, all these years later, our worst fears are being realized. Now the only large scale manufacturing left is owned by the Government. The rest will soon follow or die.
Then, the started ebbing away at our 401K plans. Black Monday, October, 1987. Then over-valuation that caused the “Internet bubble”, and on from there to where we are now with much of the citizen’s wealth deteriorated to the point where many have to work years later than anticipated. But, that was not enough. We still had our homes. About twenty years ago, even after the Savings and Loan Crisis, they started making it easier for money to be lent. It was like giving candy to a baby. No longer did we all attempt to pay off our homes in 30 years. They made it easy for us to roll consumer debt into our mortgages. This went on for several years until it became more prevalent that most did not own their homes outright nor even hold the majority equity. Even though Appraisers were screaming about the abuses that were going on in the marketplace - no one would listen. I believe that is because it was part of the plan all along. Let’s not forget the “Progressive Agenda” started to rear it’s ugly head against our Constitution under Teddy Roosevelt. Eventually, in 1921, the Council for Foreign Relations was formed (see previous articles on my site) and real ”progress” began. It was slow enough so we would not put the pieces together. Until Obama. They are so close now, they feel comfortable wearing their arrogance on their sleeve. To get a very good feel for how we got here, allow me to recommend another article by Henry Lamb. http://www.pushhamburger.com/morenews12.htm
Make NO mistake. This is a GLOBAL INITIATIVE. Much of the wealth lies here and so does the legacy of the Founding Fathers. We are a tough nut to crack, so they must use code, back door allegiances, and a bit of magic. There’s so much going on now it is hard for anyone that must work to pay attention. It is my personal belief that the whole “women’s rights” movement of the 1970′s was also a part of the plan. Why would they want mothers in schools watching them indoctrinate our children? Why would they want mothers home all day so they could pay attention to what is going on in the neighborhood or Washington DC. So, what better way than to say to women.. you are not equal, let’s make you equal. We were equal all along, it was they that treated us unequally. But instead of changing themselves (which is not what it was about), they FUNDAMENTALLY changed this country… with our help. They made us feel bad if we CHOSE to stay home with our kids, then they made it all but impossible. Another reason to allow debt to be built up. We would have to occupy ourselves with work outside the home, in addition to the work inside the home and the children. No time to go over every little spec of instructional material they were cramming down our children’s throat. No time to find out they were not teaching our children about the Constitution or the Founding Fathers any longer. No time to realize the UN and the Teachers Union were implementing a whole new agenda. (Give your kids and Grandkids a copy of The 5000 Year Leap by W. Cleon Skousen and ask them to read it )
Our Government now owns our banks, too, right? Well, actually the banks own the government. That is a whole set of novels unto itself. However, this all started with the implementation of the FED. A very good book on this subject is “The Creature from Jekyll Island” by G.Edward Griffin. This has been going on since the progressives took over the country in 1913, under Wilson, with the institution of the Fed giving the banks the ability to manipulate the money supply. Catapulted further under FDR, who gave up tying our money supply to the gold standard in 1933. Then paper money no longer became backed by silver under Johnson, meaning it was purely a fictional piece of paper we could pretend was actual money. This gave the FED power to print away with nothing to stop them from manipulating the money supply at their whim. Now today we see, they can print money hand over fist without answering to anyone. The only one paying any attention today is China. Why, because they see where first Bush and now Obama are leading us. By printing money without limit, by running up the deficit to levels which can never be paid back, by devaluing our currency and instituting hyper-inflation (coming soon to a neighborhood near you), they thereby initiate another CRISIS, causing us to have no other choice but to leave our dollar for a world wide currency. This is already being discussed by Europe and the UN. That will spell the end of our sovereignty. We are already funding the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. Your tax dollars hard at work, just not for you.
The United Nations is heavily involved and is leading the crunch against America. Most of their current agenda surrounds Global Governance, or put another way – death to American Sovereignty. I would like to direct your attention to a small piece of that - The Marrakech Process- by reading The Marrakech Memorandum. This was discussed in the article I mentioned earlier at RecycleWashington.com . You can find out more about it’s TEN YEAR PLAN to global governance at their website: http://esa.un.org/marrakechprocess/
So, what could possibly get in their way? Well, citizens, of course. That’s why they had to poke fun of the Townhallers and the Tea Party participants. Why they GROSSLY underestimated attendance at the March on Washington DC a few weeks ago. Why the media can not report it. Why no real journalist can talk about it (even OReilly). Most of the media belongs to the Council on Foreign Relations, by the way. It’s all part of the gig and the media is in on it. That’s why they have worked for years on fine tuning the Martial Law regulations, and, not to sound crazy, but why they are currently hiring internment specialists (really- I saw the ad). Not all the politicians are in on it, but many are. Long term Senators especially. That is why they have to go! The sooner the better! We MUST have term limits, too! NOW!
What else stands in their way? Oh, yeah, THE INTERNET! TALK RADIO! That is why the FCC is attempting an agenda currently to control both. An agenda already in progress. Do NOT let it happen. Pay attention. If they get us there, we’re done. Do not let anything pass in Congress. NOTHING. They are leaving everything open to interpretation, and the interpreter is Cass Sunstein. You may wish to make his acquaintance as well (search prior articles on my site).
While space will not allow every detail, perhaps I have connected enough of the dots for your to see the big picture. All of the stuff that does not make sense, all the trashing of our Constitution, all of the freaks being appointed to high positions… it’s all for the end game. The end game is doing away with any meaningful sovereignty for the US. We are now at a crossroads. If you condone the New World Order/ One World Order thing that puts the crackpots at the UN in charge of you and all you’ll ever be – do nothing. If this seems like a nightmare to you, then you need to get involved NOW! Right NOW! They almost have it. I beg you. Do NOT let them win.
I have recently posted lists of tools you can use to root out the bad guys (located in the Citizen Tools category on right). The trick is to follow the money and watch the regulations. Please give up a few nicities, like watching television a few hours a week or reading that fiction novel. We need all hands on deck. We have been asleep so long they almost have it in the bag. We need to make up for lost time. We need to mobilize and fight back NOW. They are way ahead of us. They have armies and systems in place. Our only saving grace is there are, I believe, more of us than them. This reminds me of a time in our country’s history. How ironic.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 8 so far )